Senior Living in 02871 (Portsmouth, RI)
- 02871 scores the same as the Portsmouth, RI average of 74.
- 02871 scores lower than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- 02871 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Atria Aquidneck Place, Freedom Housing Corporation, and St. Columban’s House.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 59 golf courses nearby, including Montaup Country Club, Pocasset Country Club, and Green Valley Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Green Animals Topiary Garden, Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum, and Miantonomi Memorial Park.
- There are 27 churches nearby, including Portsmouth United Methodist, St Paul\'s Episcopal Church, and St Mary\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Rhode Island has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.87%.
- The area has an average household income of $102,339, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $77,409, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,076, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.25%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02871 has an average population density of 1,007.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.27%.