Senior Living in 02872 (Prudence Island, RI)
- 02872 scores the same as the Prudence Island, RI average of 92.
- 02872 scores significantly higher than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- 02872 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Newport Hospital, Newport Hospital, and Kent County Memorial Hospital.
- There are 83 senior living facilities in the area, including Atria Aquidneck Place, St. Columban’s House, and Franklin Court Independent Living.
- There are 25 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 48 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 316 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (55% of the total population).
- There are 93 golf courses nearby, including Montaup Country Club, Pocasset Country Club, and Green Valley Country Club.
- There are 10 parks nearby, including Green Animals Topiary Garden, Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum, and Goddard Memorial State Park.
- There are 187 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Episcopal Church, Portsmouth United Methodist, and St Paul\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Rhode Island has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.87%.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02872 has a very sparse population density of 36.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.