Senior Living in 02875 (Shannock, RI)
- 02875 scores the same as the Shannock, RI average of 80.
- 02875 scores higher than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- 02875 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (South County Hospital Inc).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including South Kingstown Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Shady Acres Nursing Home, and South Bay Retirement Living.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 62 golf courses nearby, including Laurel Lane Golf Club, Beaver River Golf Club, and Foxwoods Golf & Country Club at Boulder Hills.
- There is 1 park nearby (Charlestown Breachway)..
- There are 51 churches nearby, including New Hope Chapel, St Marys Catholic Church, and Episcopal Diocese of Rhode Island.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.61% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Rhode Island has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.87%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,850, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $70,781, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,631, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02875 has a sparse population density of 266.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.72%.