Senior Living in 02879 (Wakefield, RI)
- 02879 scores the same as the Wakefield, RI average of 72.
- 02879 scores lower than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- 02879 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (South County Hospital Inc).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Scallop Shell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Brookdale South Bay, and South Bay Retirement Living.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Rose Hill Golf Club, Point Judith Country Club, and Beaver River Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Charlestown Breachway and Beavertail State Park).
- There are 38 churches nearby, including Wakefield Baptist Church, Peace Dale Congregational, and St Francis Catholic Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.61% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Rhode Island has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.87%.
- The area has an average household income of $96,386, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $74,537, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,664, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.45%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02879 has an average population density of 545.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.45%.