Senior Living in 02881 (Kingston, RI)
- 02881 scores the same as the Kingston, RI average of 68.
- 02881 scores lower than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- 02881 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (South County Hospital Inc).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including South Bay Retirement Living, Brookdale South Bay, and Scallop Shell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (9% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Rose Hill Golf Club, Beaver River Golf Club, and Laurel Lane Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 30 churches nearby, including St Augustine\'s Church, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, and Christ the King Parish.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.61% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Rhode Island has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.87%.
- The area has an average household income of $97,562, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $79,757, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,832, which is in the top 82% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.94%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02881 has a dense population density of 2,169.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.07%.