Senior Living in 02882 (Narragansett, RI)
- 02882 scores the same as the Narragansett, RI average of 73.
- 02882 scores lower than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- 02882 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (South County Hospital Inc).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Scallop Shell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Brightview Commons, and Brookdale South Bay.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Point Judith Country Club, Rose Hill Golf Club, and Jamestown Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Beavertail State Park)..
- There are 29 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, Phillips J, and St Mary\'s Star of the Sea.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.61% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Rhode Island has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.87%.
- The area has an average household income of $93,211, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,530, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,417, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.04%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02882 has an average population density of 1,108.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.40%.