Senior Living in 02888 (Warwick, RI)
- 02888 has a SeniorScore® of 82, which is the highest of any zip code in Warwick, RI.
- 02888 scores higher than the Warwick, RI average of 79.
- 02888 scores higher than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- 02888 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Women And Infants Hospital Of Rhode Island, Eleanor Slater Hospital, and Kent County Memorial Hospital.
- There are 79 senior living facilities in the area, including Greenwich Farms at Warwick, West Shore Health Center, and Scandinavian Home Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 29 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 40 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 293 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 75 golf courses nearby, including Seaview Country Club, Warwick Country Club, and Mulligan\'s Island Golf & Entertainment Center.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Roger Williams Park Zoo, India Point Park, and Burnside Park.
- There are 216 churches nearby, including Asbury United Methodist Church, Temple AM David, and St Peter\'s Rectory.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.78% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.42% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Rhode Island has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.87%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,370, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,919, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,214, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.05%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02888 has a dense population density of 3,357.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.07%.