Senior Living in 02891 (Westerly, RI)
- 02891 scores the same as the Westerly, RI average of 69.
- 02891 scores lower than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- 02891 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Westerly Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Apple Rehab Clipper, Westerly Nursing Home, and The Elms .
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Misquamicut Club, Weekapaug Golf Club, and Winnapaug Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Charlestown Breachway)..
- There are 30 churches nearby, including St Pius X Rectory, Dunn\'s Corners Community Chr, and Immaculate Conception Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.61% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Rhode Island has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.87%.
- The area has an average household income of $80,914, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,967, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,902, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.65%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02891 has an average population density of 803.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.07%.