Senior Living in 02893 (West Warwick, RI)
- 02893 scores the same as the West Warwick, RI average of 70.
- 02893 scores lower than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- 02893 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Kent County Memorial Hospital).
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including West View Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Summer Villa, and Brookdale Centre of New England.
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 120 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 69 golf courses nearby, including West Warwick Country Club, Midville Country Club, and Potowomut Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Goddard Memorial State Park)..
- There are 60 churches nearby, including St John the Baptist Church, Rhode Island Church of Christ, and St Peter & Paul Catholic Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.78% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.42% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Rhode Island has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.87%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,193, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,939, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,224, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.60%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02893 has a dense population density of 3,764.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.55%.