Senior Living in 02904 (Providence, RI)
- 02904 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the highest of any zip code in Providence, RI.
- 02904 scores higher than the Providence, RI average of 67.
- 02904 scores lower than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- 02904 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including St Joseph Health Services Of Ri, Providence Va Medical Center, and Roger Williams Medical Center.
- There are 67 senior living facilities in the area, including Golden Crest Nursing Centre, Darlington Memory Lane I, and Berkshire Place.
- There are 24 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 43 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 195 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 61 golf courses nearby, including Button Hole Golf & Learning Center, Triggs Memorial Golf Course, and Kirkbrae Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Lincoln Woods State Park, Roger Williams National Memorial, and Prospect Terrace Park.
- There are 219 churches nearby, including St Edwards\'s Catholic Church, Temple Emanuel, and St Raymond\'s Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.71% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Rhode Island has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.87%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,697, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,392, which is in the top 69% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,561, which is in the top 38% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.63%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02904 has a dense population density of 5,652.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.08%.