Senior Living in 02905 (Providence, RI)
- 02905 has a SeniorScore® of 69, which is the 5th highest of any zip code in Providence, RI.
- 02905 scores higher than the Providence, RI average of 67.
- 02905 scores lower than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- 02905 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Women And Infants Hospital Of Rhode Island, Rhode Island Hospital, and Emma Pendleton Bradley Hosp.
- There are 64 senior living facilities in the area, including Scandinavian Home Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Warren Manor II, and Ann\'s Rest Home.
- There are 27 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 249 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 62 golf courses nearby, including Metacomet Country Club, Silver Spring Golf Course, and Button Hole Golf & Learning Center.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Roger Williams Park Zoo, India Point Park, and Burnside Park.
- There are 191 churches nearby, including Trinity Church, Church of the Transfiguration, and Temple Torat Yisrael.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.71% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Rhode Island has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.87%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,873, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,907, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,005, which is in the top 64% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.54%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02905 has a dense population density of 6,729.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.55%.