Senior Living in 02909 (Providence, RI)
- 02909 has a SeniorScore® of 56, which is the 8th highest of any zip code in Providence, RI.
- 02909 scores significantly lower than the Providence, RI average of 67.
- 02909 scores significantly lower than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- 02909 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Providence Va Medical Center and Roger Williams Medical Center).
- There are 47 senior living facilities in the area, including Park View Nursing Home, Elmhurst Extended Care , and Capitol Ridge at Providence.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (14% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Button Hole Golf & Learning Center, Triggs Memorial Golf Course, and Mulligan\'s Island Golf & Entertainment Center.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 69 churches nearby, including Holy Cross Church, St Adalbert\'s Church, and St Bartholomew\'s Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.71% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Rhode Island has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.87%.
- The area has an average household income of $43,946, which is in the top 84% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $33,456, which is in the top 85% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,857, which is in the top 89% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.52%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02909 has a very dense population density of 12,594.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 61.67%.