Senior Living in 02914 (East Providence, RI)
- 02914 scores the same as the East Providence, RI average of 72.
- 02914 scores lower than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- 02914 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Miriam Hospital, Butler Hospital, and Emma Pendleton Bradley Hosp.
- There are 62 senior living facilities in the area, including Harris Health Center, Waterview Villa Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, and Winslow Gardens.
- There are 26 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 166 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 60 golf courses nearby, including Metacomet Country Club, Wannamoisett Country Club, and Agawam Hunt Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including India Point Park, Prospect Terrace Park, and Burnside Park.
- There are 130 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Loreto Church, Haven United Methodist Church, and Sacred Heart Rectory.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.71% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Rhode Island has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.87%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,493, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,346, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,182, which is in the top 51% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.66%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02914 has a dense population density of 4,496.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 69.75%.