Senior Living in 02916 (Rumford, RI)
- 02916 scores the same as the Rumford, RI average of 86.
- 02916 scores significantly higher than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- 02916 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 9 hospitals nearby, including Butler Hospital, Miriam Hospital, and Memorial Hospital Of Rhode Island.
- There are 73 senior living facilities in the area, including Pawtucket Center, Laurelmead, and Epoch Senior Health Care On Blackstone Boulevard.
- There are 29 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 49 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 301 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 79 golf courses nearby, including Wannamoisett Country Club, Agawam Hunt Club, and Firefly Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Slater Park, India Point Park, and Prospect Terrace Park.
- There are 285 churches nearby, including Newman Congregational Church, St Michael & Grace Epis Church, and Bethany Church of Nazarene.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.71% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Rhode Island has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.87%.
- The area has an average household income of $80,539, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,566, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,584, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.73%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02916 has a dense population density of 3,185.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.85%.