Senior Living in 02921 (Cranston, RI)
- 02921 has a SeniorScore® of 83, which is the highest of any zip code in Cranston, RI.
- 02921 scores significantly higher than the Cranston, RI average of 75.
- 02921 scores significantly higher than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- 02921 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Eleanor Slater Hospital, Kent County Memorial Hospital, and Women And Infants Hospital Of Rhode Island.
- There are 82 senior living facilities in the area, including CRA-MAR Meadows, Riverview Healthcare Community, and The Cedars.
- There are 29 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 70 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 329 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 87 golf courses nearby, including Cranston Country Club, Alpine Country Club, and Mulligan\'s Island Golf & Entertainment Center.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Roger Williams Park Zoo, Burnside Park, and Roger Williams National Memorial.
- There are 288 churches nearby, including Cranston Christian Fellowship, Word of Life Covenant Church, and Faith Chapel.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.71% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Rhode Island has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.87%.
- The area has an average household income of $108,671, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $89,256, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,996, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.39%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02921 has an average population density of 940.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.64%.