Senior Living in 03079 (Salem, NH)
- 03079 scores the same as the Salem, NH average of 75.
- 03079 scores the same as the New Hampshire average of 75.
- 03079 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Northeast Rehab Hospital and Holy Family Hospital, A Caritas Family Hospital).
- There are 34 senior living facilities in the area, including Howard Street Residence, Greystone Farm at Salem, and Salemhaven.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 72 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 62 golf courses nearby, including Campbell\'s Scottish Highlands Golf Course, Hickory Hills Golf Course, and Merrimack Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 25 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, Granite State Baptist Church, and Carver E Rev.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.08% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- New Hampshire has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $88,578, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $73,010, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,496, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.79%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 03079 has an average population density of 1,163.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.78%.