Senior Living in 03233 (Elkins, NH)
- 03233 scores the same as the Elkins, NH average of 80.
- 03233 scores higher than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- 03233 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (New London Hospital and New London Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Woodcrest Village, William P Clough Extended Care Center, and Lyon Brook Community Association.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (43% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Lake Sunapee Country Club, Twin Lake Village Par 3 Golf Course, and Country Club of New Hampshire.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Winslow State Park, Fells, and Twin Doors Bed & Breakfast.
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Wilmot Flat Baptist Church, Long Douglas B, and Episcopal Church of St Andrews.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.93% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- New Hampshire has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,141, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $28,482, which is in the top 93% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,003, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.90%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 03233 has a sparse population density of 212.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.