Senior Living in 03240 (Grafton, NH)
- 03240 scores the same as the Grafton, NH average of 75.
- 03240 scores the same as the New Hampshire average of 75.
- 03240 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (New London Hospital and New London Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including William P Clough Extended Care Center, Lyon Brook Community Association, and Woodcrest Village.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Ragged Mountain Golf Club, Eastman Golf Links, and Lake Sunapee Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Sculptured Rocks Natural Area)..
- There are 21 churches nearby, including Congregational, Community Lutheran Church, and St Helenas Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.72% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- New Hampshire has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,587, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,723, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,029, which is in the top 46% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.12%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 03240 has a very sparse population density of 32.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.78%.