Senior Living in 03449 (Hancock, NH)
- 03449 scores the same as the Hancock, NH average of 82.
- 03449 scores higher than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- 03449 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Crotched Mountain Rehab Center and Monadnock Community Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Pheasant Wood Center, Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center, and Scott-Farrar Home.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (41% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including Dublin Lake Golf Club, Monadnock Country Club, and Crotched Mountain Golf Resort.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Wapack National Wildlife Refuge, Monadnock Bible Conference, and Monadnock State Park.
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Hancock Congregational Church, First Congregational Church of Hancock United Chur, and First Congregational Church of Hancock United Chur.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.64% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- New Hampshire has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $93,522, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $71,250, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,369, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.47%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 03449 has a very sparse population density of 55.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.04%.