Senior Living in 03470 (Winchester, NH)
- 03470 scores the same as the Winchester, NH average of 68.
- 03470 scores lower than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- 03470 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Applewood Center, The Carpenter Home, and Vernon ADvent Christian Home.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Northfield Golf Club, Pine Grove Springs Country Club, and Oak Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Mount Grace State Forest, Pisgah State Park, and Rhododendron State Park.
- There are 16 churches nearby, including United Church of Winchester, Baptist Jim & Carol, and Winchester Assembly of God.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.60% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.12% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- New Hampshire has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,901, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,231, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,430, which is in the top 56% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.73%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 03470 has a very sparse population density of 57.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.69%.