Senior Living in 03583 (Jefferson, NH)
- 03583 scores the same as the Jefferson, NH average of 73.
- 03583 scores lower than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- 03583 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Weeks Medical Center and Androscoggin Valley Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Morrison Nursing Home, Genesis Health Care Corporation, and Country Village Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including Waumbek Golf Club, Mountain View Golf Course, and Mount Pleasant Course at Mount Washington Hotel & Resort.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Israel River Campground, Weeks State Park, and Twin Mountain / Mt. Washington KOA.
- There are 14 churches nearby, including Jefferson Community Chapel, Calvary Baptist Church, and Advent Christian Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.25% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.04% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- New Hampshire has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,695, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,571, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,213, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.71%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 03583 has a very sparse population density of 22.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.48%.