Senior Living in 03741 (Canaan, NH)
- 03741 scores the same as the Canaan, NH average of 70.
- 03741 scores lower than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- 03741 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital and Mary Hitchcock Mem Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Becket House at Rumney, Wheelock Terrace, and Hanover Terrace Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Fore-U Golf Center, Carter Country Club, and Hanover Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Sculptured Rocks Natural Area)..
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Community Lutheran Church, St Helenas Catholic Church, and Shrine of Our Lady-la Salette.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.72% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- New Hampshire has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,694, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,243, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,359, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.97%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 03741 has a very sparse population density of 54.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.47%.