Senior Living in 03773 (Newport, NH)
- 03773 scores the same as the Newport, NH average of 72.
- 03773 scores lower than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- 03773 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Valley Regional Hospital, New London Hospital, and New London Hospital.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Woodlawn Care Center, Summercrest, and Mc Coy Home For The Elderly.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Newport Golf Club, Claremont Country Club, and Eastman Golf Links.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Twin Doors Bed & Breakfast, Arrowhead Recreation Area, and Fells.
- There are 23 churches nearby, including Newport Area Association of Churches, St Vasilios Greek Orthodox Chr, and Sunshine Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.16% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.04% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- New Hampshire has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,306, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,040, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,604, which is in the top 48% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.47%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 03773 has a very sparse population density of 84.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.31%.