Senior Living in 03801 (Portsmouth, NH)
- 03801 scores the same as the Portsmouth, NH average of 76.
- 03801 scores higher than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- 03801 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Portsmouth Regional Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Edgewood Centre (the), Clipper Harbor, and Mark Wentworth Home.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 80 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Pease Golf Course, Breakfast Hill Golf Club, and Portsmouth Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Albacore Museum, Prescott Park, and Wentworth Coolidge.
- There are 43 churches nearby, including St James Catholic Church, Middle Street Baptist Church, and Seacoast Community Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.08% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- New Hampshire has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $81,473, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,230, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,239, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.39%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 03801 has an average population density of 903.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.33%.