Senior Living in 03809 (Alton, NH)
- 03809 scores the same as the Alton, NH average of 75.
- 03809 scores the same as the New Hampshire average of 75.
- 03809 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Huggins Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Wolfeboro Bay Center, Our Place Inn Time, and Sugar Hill Retirement Community.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Lake Winnepausakee Golf Club, Lake Winnipesaukee Golf Club, and Farmington Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Gunstock Mountain Resort and Ellacoya State Park).
- There are 14 churches nearby, including Bay Church Advent Christian, Gilmanton Community Church, and Living Word Assembly of God.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.54% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- New Hampshire has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,458, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,538, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,921, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.49%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 03809 has a very sparse population density of 92.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.46%.