Senior Living in 03857 (Newmarket, NH)
- 03857 scores the same as the Newmarket, NH average of 78.
- 03857 scores higher than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- 03857 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Exeter Hospital Inc, Exeter Hospital, and Portsmouth Regional Hospital.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in the area, including The Pines of Newmarket, Harmony Homes, and ICMA Retirement Corporation.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 102 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Rockingham Country Club, Exeter Country Club, and Portsmouth Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Bedrock Gardens, Thompson Hall Lawn, and Forest Glen Campground.
- There are 46 churches nearby, including Aryaloka Buddhist Retreat Center, Newmarket Community Church, and Christian Faith Churches.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.08% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- New Hampshire has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $80,675, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,685, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,421, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.28%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 03857 has an average population density of 714.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.35%.