Senior Living in 03902 (Cape Neddick, ME)
- 03902 scores the same as the Cape Neddick, ME average of 80.
- 03902 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 03902 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (York Hospital).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Sentry Hill at York Harbor, Varney Crossing Nursing Care Center, and Durgin Pines.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Cape Neddick Country Club, Ledges Golf Club, The, and Highland Farms Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Jonathan\'s Ogunquit, Wells Beach Resort Campground, and Vaughan Woods Memorial State Park.
- There are 28 churches nearby, including Cape Neddick Baptist Church, First Parish Congregational, and United Methodist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $85,272, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $84,896, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,679, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.26%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 03902 has a sparse population density of 112.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.12%.