Senior Living in 03904 (Kittery, ME)
- 03904 scores the same as the Kittery, ME average of 76.
- 03904 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 03904 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (York Hospital and Portsmouth Regional Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Durgin Pines, Kittery Estates, and Meetinghouse Village.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 69 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Wentworth By The Sea Country Club, Highland Farms Golf Club, and Ledges Golf Club, The.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Fort McClary State Park, Prescott Park, and Albacore Museum.
- There are 37 churches nearby, including Church of Christ, Church At Spruce Creek, and St Mark\'s United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,352, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,604, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,329, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.70%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 03904 has an average population density of 687.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 93.02%.