Senior Living in 03905 (Kittery Point, ME)
- 03905 scores the same as the Kittery Point, ME average of 84.
- 03905 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 03905 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (York Hospital and Portsmouth Regional Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Durgin Pines, Meetinghouse Village, and Kittery Estates.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 71 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (45% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Wentworth By The Sea Country Club, Ledges Golf Club, The, and Highland Farms Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Fort McClary State Park, Fort Constitution, and Odiorne Point State Park.
- There are 42 churches nearby, including Baran Wm R Rev, First Congregational Church, and St Mark\'s United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,143, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,923, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,838, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.22%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 03905 has a sparse population density of 270.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.91%.