Senior Living in 03908 (South Berwick, ME)
- 03908 scores the same as the South Berwick, ME average of 77.
- 03908 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 03908 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (York Hospital and Wentworth-douglass Hospital).
- There are 25 senior living facilities in the area, including Varney Crossing Nursing Care Center, Langdon Place of Dover, and Wentworth Home.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 72 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Ledges Golf Club, The, Highland Farms Golf Club, and Ledges Golf Club, The.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Vaughan Woods Memorial State Park, Garrison Hill Park, and Jonathan\'s Ogunquit.
- There are 48 churches nearby, including First Federated Church, Bible Speaks-South Berwick, and St Michael\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $82,891, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $77,613, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,435, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.36%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 03908 has a sparse population density of 224.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.42%.