Senior Living in 04001 (Acton, ME)
- 04001 scores the same as the Acton, ME average of 70.
- 04001 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04001 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Henrietta D Goodall Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Copp Hill Residential Home, Davis Long Term Care, and Hillcrest Gardens Residential.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Farmington Country Club, Lake Winnipesaukee Golf Club, and Lake Winnepausakee Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 22 churches nearby, including Acton Congregational United Church of Christ, Acton-milton Mills Baptist Chr, and Milton Assembly of God Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,989, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,840, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,257, which is in the top 28% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.83%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 04001 has a very sparse population density of 67.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.56%.