Senior Living in 04003 (Bailey Island, ME)
- 04003 scores the same as the Bailey Island, ME average of 69.
- 04003 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04003 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including The Vicarage By The Sea, Hawthorne House, and Freeport Place.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (48% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Great Chebeague Golf Club, Shore Acres Golf Course At Sebasco Harbor Resort, and Freeport Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Malaga Island Preserve, Recompence Shore Campground at Wolfe\'s Neck Farm, and Wolfe\'s Neck Woods State Park.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Kellogg Congregational Church, Church of Nazarene, and West Harpswell Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,016, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,705, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,308, which is in the top 62% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.22%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04003 has a sparse population density of 286.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.93%.