Senior Living in 04005 (Biddeford, ME)
- 04005 scores the same as the Biddeford, ME average of 65.
- 04005 scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04005 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Southern Maine Medical Center).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including The Shaw House, York Manor, and Southridge Rehabilitation and Living Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 54 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Apple Valley Golf Course, Biddeford Saco Country Club, and Dunegrass Course at Dunegrass Golf Club & Resort.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Saco / Old Orchard Beach KOA, Ferry Beach State Park, and Hid\'n Pines Family Campground.
- There are 32 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Church, St Andre\'s Parish, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,056, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,394, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,790, which is in the top 42% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.14%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 04005 has a sparse population density of 483.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.36%.