Senior Living in 04021 (Cumberland Center, ME)
- 04021 scores the same as the Cumberland Center, ME average of 81.
- 04021 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04021 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Mercy Hospital, Maine Medical Center, and New England Rehab Hospital.
- There are 38 senior living facilities in the area, including Brentwood Center For Health and Rehabilitation, Ledgeview Assisted Living, and Coastal Manor.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 183 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Val Halla Golf & Recreation Center, Falmouth Country Club, and Portland Country Club.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including Maine Audubon, Desert of Maine, and Edward Payson Park.
- There are 88 churches nearby, including Congregational Chr-Cumberland, Tuttle Road United Methodist, and Cumberland Congregational Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $125,091, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $83,542, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,966, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.05%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04021 has a sparse population density of 282.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.42%.