Senior Living in 04022 (Denmark, ME)
- 04022 scores the same as the Denmark, ME average of 68.
- 04022 scores the same as the Maine average of 68.
- 04022 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Bridgton Hospital and Bridgton Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Bridgton Health and Residential Care Center, Fryeburg Health and Residential Care Center, and Sawyer Community Residence.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Allen Mountain Golf Course, Naples Golf & Country Club, and Point Sebago Golf & Beach Resort.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including On the Saco Family Campground, Colonial Mast Campground, and Lakeside Pines Campground.
- There are 15 churches nearby, including St Joseph\'s Church, First Congregational Church, and Bridgton Alliance Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.12% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.97% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,082, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,361, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,560, which is in the top 49% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.16%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04022 has a very sparse population density of 24.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.41%.