Senior Living in 04030 (East Waterboro, ME)
- 04030 scores the same as the East Waterboro, ME average of 60.
- 04030 scores significantly lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04030 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Davis Long Term Care, The Newton Center For Rehab and Nursing, and Hillcrest Gardens Residential.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Salmon Falls Golf Club, Apple Valley Golf Course, and Biddeford Saco Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Brothers of Christian Instrctn, Alfred Parish Church, and Living Waters Christian School.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,101, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,066, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,791, which is in the top 71% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.84%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 04030 has a sparse population density of 132.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.20%.