Senior Living in 04039 (Gray, ME)
- 04039 scores the same as the Gray, ME average of 69.
- 04039 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04039 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Ledgewood Manor, Casco Inn Residential Care Facility, and Windham Residential Care.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Frye Island Golf Course, Summit Golf Course, and Fairlawn Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Maine Wildlife Park, Range Ponds State Park, and Bradbury Mountain State Park.
- There are 21 churches nearby, including Bible Believing Baptist Church, First Cong United Ch of Christ, and Trinity Assembly of God.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $81,826, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $71,157, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,897, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.41%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04039 has a sparse population density of 182.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.76%.