Senior Living in 04043 (Kennebunk, ME)
- 04043 scores the same as the Kennebunk, ME average of 75.
- 04043 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04043 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Southern Maine Medical Center).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Kennebunk Center For Health and Rehabilitation, River Ridge Center, and The Farragut at Kennebunk.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Webhannet Golf Club, Cape Arundel Golf Club, and Dutch Elm Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge, The Wells National Estuarine Research Reserve, and Red Apple Campground.
- There are 25 churches nearby, including Sea Road Church, St David\'s Episcopal Church, and St Martha Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $93,973, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $71,757, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,296, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.42%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 04043 has a sparse population density of 306.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.49%.