Senior Living in 04050 (Long Island, ME)
- 04050 scores the same as the Long Island, ME average of 85.
- 04050 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04050 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Mercy Hospital, Maine Medical Center, and New England Rehab Hospital.
- There are 40 senior living facilities in the area, including Falmouth By The Sea, Sedgewood Commons, and Falmouth House at Oceanview.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 206 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (44% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Great Chebeague Golf Club, Eighteen Hole Course at Riverside Municipal Golf Club, and Falmouth Country Club.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including Maine Audubon, Eastern Promenade, and Edward Payson Park.
- There are 93 churches nearby, including Brackett Memorial Untd Mthdst, Chebeague United Methodist Chr, and Chebeague United Methodist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,346, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,750, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,669, which is in the top 38% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04050 has a sparse population density of 161.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.71%.