Senior Living in 04056 (Newfield, ME)
- 04056 scores the same as the Newfield, ME average of 67.
- 04056 scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04056 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Huggins Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Copp Hill Residential Home, Mountain View Nursing Home, and Davis Long Term Care.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Province Lake Golf Course, Kingswood Golf Club, and Indian Mound Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Faith Renewal Fellowship Chr, Community of Faith & Fllwshp, and Kezar Falls Assembly of God.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $36,021, which is in the top 95% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $32,344, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,118, which is in the top 85% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 21.31%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 04056 has a very sparse population density of 45.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.28%.