Senior Living in 04063 (Ocean Park, ME)
- 04063 scores the same as the Ocean Park, ME average of 80.
- 04063 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04063 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Southern Maine Medical Center).
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including Atlantic Heights Retirement Community, Seal Rock Healthcare, and St. Andre Health Care .
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (67% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Dunegrass Course at Dunegrass Golf Club & Resort, Pleasant Hill Country Club, and Nonesuch River Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Hid\'n Pines Family Campground, Bayley\'s Camping Resort, and Ferry Beach State Park.
- There are 32 churches nearby, including St. Augustine of Canterbury, St Margaret\'s Catholic Church, and Salvation Army.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $31,868, which is in the top 98% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $14,241, which is in the top 100% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,211, which is in the top 57% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 04063 has an average population density of 614.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 89.03%.