Senior Living in 04064 (Old Orchard Beach, ME)
- 04064 scores the same as the Old Orchard Beach, ME average of 71.
- 04064 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04064 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Atlantic Heights Retirement Community, Seal Rock Healthcare, and Kindred Monarch Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Dunegrass Course at Dunegrass Golf Club & Resort, Biddeford Saco Country Club, and Nonesuch River Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Hid\'n Pines Family Campground, Saco / Old Orchard Beach KOA, and Bayley\'s Camping Resort.
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Salvation Army, St Margaret\'s Catholic Church, and St. Augustine of Canterbury.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,411, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,060, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,076, which is in the top 25% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.99%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 04064 has an average population density of 1,214.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.43%.