Senior Living in 04066 (Orrs Island, ME)
- 04066 scores the same as the Orrs Island, ME average of 83.
- 04066 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04066 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Mid Coast Hospital, Parkview Hospital, and Mid Coast Hospital.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including The Vicarage By The Sea, Brunswick Retirement Village, and Horizons Living and Rehab Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (54% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Shore Acres Golf Course At Sebasco Harbor Resort, Great Chebeague Golf Club, and Freeport Country Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Malaga Island Preserve, Pennellville Historic District, and Recompence Shore Campground at Wolfe\'s Neck Farm.
- There are 37 churches nearby, including West Harpswell Baptist Church, Kellogg Congregational Church, and Church of Nazarene.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,781, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $76,000, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,771, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.85%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04066 has a sparse population density of 299.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.55%.