Senior Living in 04069 (Pownal, ME)
- 04069 scores the same as the Pownal, ME average of 83.
- 04069 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04069 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Mid Coast Hospital and Parkview Hospital).
- There are 32 senior living facilities in the area, including Freeport Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Freeport Place, and Hawthorne House.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 102 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Freeport Country Club, Val Halla Golf & Recreation Center, and Naval Air Station Brunswick Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks nearby, including Bradbury Mountain State Park, Blueberry Pond Campground, and Freeport / Durham KOA.
- There are 58 churches nearby, including Community of Christ, Church of Good Samaritan, and A Christian Ministry-Natl Pk.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,518, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,587, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,879, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.24%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04069 has a very sparse population density of 64.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.83%.