Senior Living in 04073 (Sanford, ME)
- 04073 scores the same as the Sanford, ME average of 60.
- 04073 scores significantly lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04073 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Henrietta D Goodall Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Greenwood Center, The Newton Center For Rehab and Nursing, and Hillcrest Gardens Residential.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Sanford Golf Club, Webhannet Golf Club, and Links at Outlook, The.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 16 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, Holy Family Church Office, and St George\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,066, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,002, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,017, which is in the top 58% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.44%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 04073 has a sparse population density of 432.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.79%.