Senior Living in 04074 (Scarborough, ME)
- 04074 scores the same as the Scarborough, ME average of 79.
- 04074 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04074 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Spring Harbor Hospital, Maine Medical Center, and New England Rehab Hospital.
- There are 42 senior living facilities in the area, including Maine Veterans\' Homes - Scarborough, Scarborough Terrace, and The Bellavita at Scarborough.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 180 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Prouts Neck Country Club, Nonesuch River Golf Club, and Pleasant Hill Country Club.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including Bayley\'s Camping Resort, Hid\'n Pines Family Campground, and Saco / Old Orchard Beach KOA.
- There are 85 churches nearby, including West Scarborough Methodist Chr, Royal Ridge Church of God, and First Congregational Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $103,111, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,227, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,581, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.56%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04074 has a sparse population density of 394.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.28%.