Senior Living in 04079 (Harpswell, ME)
- 04079 scores the same as the Harpswell, ME average of 77.
- 04079 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04079 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Mid Coast Hospital, Mid Coast Hospital, and Parkview Hospital.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Sunnybrook Village, Brunswick Retirement Village, and The Plant Memorial Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (44% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Bath Country Club, Brunswick Golf Club, and Naval Air Station Brunswick Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks nearby, including Pennellville Historic District, Thomas Point Beach & Campground, and Malaga Island Preserve.
- There are 39 churches nearby, including Elim Assembly of God, Church of Nazarene, and Vineyard Christian Fellowship.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $77,144, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,000, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,698, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.69%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04079 has a sparse population density of 182.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 99.13%.