Senior Living in 04084 (Standish, ME)
- 04084 scores the same as the Standish, ME average of 65.
- 04084 scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04084 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Windham Residential Care, Inn at Village Square, and Gorham House.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Gorham Country Club, Twin Falls Golf Club, and Westerly Winds Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Family & Friends Campground and Sebago Lake Family Campground).
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Christian Fellowship & Renewal, Buxton Center Baptist Church, and Buxton United Methodist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,889, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $68,908, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,490, which is in the top 34% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.04%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04084 has a sparse population density of 172.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.02%.