Senior Living in 04086 (Topsham, ME)
- 04086 scores the same as the Topsham, ME average of 77.
- 04086 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04086 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Mid Coast Hospital, Parkview Hospital, and Mid Coast Hospital.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Highland Green Management, The Highlands , and Skolfield House.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 67 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Brunswick Golf Club, Naval Air Station Brunswick Golf Course, and Bath Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Thomas Point Beach & Campground, Pennellville Historic District, and Beaver Park.
- There are 46 churches nearby, including Church of Jesus Christ L D S, Servants of Cross, and Cornerstone Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.60% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.16% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $77,716, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,913, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,664, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.29%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04086 has a sparse population density of 272.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.39%.