Senior Living in 04090 (Wells, ME)
- 04090 scores the same as the Wells, ME average of 75.
- 04090 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04090 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Henrietta D Goodall Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Varney Crossing Nursing Care Center, Beachwood Residence, and River Ridge Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Webhannet Golf Club, Sanford Golf Club, and Cape Neddick Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Wells Beach Resort Campground, The Wells National Estuarine Research Reserve, and Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 29 churches nearby, including Wells Congregational Church, Lighthouse Church of Nazarene, and St Mary\'s Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,559, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,117, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,538, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.33%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 04090 has a sparse population density of 166.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.74%.